MAYOR and COUNCIL Vision
Our vision is a high quality of life for Saco citizens and central to this vision is a sustainable economy that offers an opportunity for everyone to have rewarding employment and for business to prosper, now and in the future. The people of Saco bring this vision into reality by working together and building on our tradition of hard work, dedication, and ingenuity.
Council Goals (Adopted in January 2018)
- Review, Fund, and Develop a Strategic Recruitment, Retention, and Succession Plan;
- Work Towards Increasing Recycling Rate to 35% or Better through Targeted Education and Outreach;
- Research School Campus by Middle School + Review/Decide to Move Forward on Future School Construction Regardless of our Positioning on the State "List";
- Amend Policy on TIFs and CZs to Institute a Policy of Annual Performance Reporting of TIFs and CZ;
- Consider New Business Park to Create Infrastructure that Attracts and Retains Business;
- Bringing Natural Gas to the Mill Brook Business Park and the Route 1 North Corridor;
- Work Collaboratively with Saco Main Street to Expand and Promote Downtown Saco in its role as a Commercial, Cultural, and Residential city;
- Continue to Increase our Efforts in Energy Efficiency and Sustainability by Exploring Renewable Energy Projects.
Saco's Mayor and City Council were sworn into office at the 2017 Inauguration on December 4, 2017 at Thornton Academy. If you'd like to watch the event, please click here.
City Council Meetings
Regular meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday in the City Hall Auditorium, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine. The public sessions of meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. with executive sessions generally being at the conclusion of public business. In the event that a regular meeting of the Council falls on a legal holiday or the day prior to a holiday, the meeting is usually held the day following observance of the holiday.
Formal items will be reviewed at a Workshop meeting scheduled for the 2nd Monday of each month. If needed, a workshop may be required before a regular council meeting. In either case, the meeting will take place in the City Hall Conference Room on the First Floor, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine. It will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be open to the public. No action may be taken during a workshop. The public is allowed to speak at the Mayor’s discretion.
LIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS ONLINE
You can now view city council meetings in real time via this website.
Just follow this link
Agendas of city council meetings, complete with relevant attachments, are available on the
City Council Agenda page.